Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daddy's Hair & Nail Salon

Have on Hand:    Nail polish, glitter,  1 dad, (or mom) siblings, hair accessories, wash-out hair color, clips, braids, headbands, combs, brushes, etc.
   
Boredom Buster Description:  Kids love using their imaginations.  At my home we pretend it is "Beauty Day."  My daughter picks up her pretend phone and makes a phone call to the beauty shop.  I answer it and we make an appointment.  I ask her what services she would like, as well as who she would like to perform the services.  My husband, my son, and myself all participate.  We set up a time and write down what services will be preformed.  She then arrives at the "salon" in our living room and receives her day of beauty.  It is a fun activity that the whole family can participate in.

Boredom Buster Bio: 
My name is Stacey and I am a mom of two wonderful kids.  Steven is in 1st grade and he is 6 years old.  Alexa is in daycare and she is 3 years old.  I have been married to my wonderful husband, Adam, for 8 years.  I am a full time elementary school teacher.  I love my job and my family.  I think it is important to keep an open mind and always look for new and exciting things to do with my children, both in school and out. :0)


Thank you, Stacey Kevelos, for this great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment