Monday, January 23, 2012

Create a Concoction

Have on Hand:    Just open the doors to your pantry, cupboards and refrigerator.

Boredom Buster Description:    My oldest daughter started this trend in our house when she was about four. She said, "I want to make a concoction. So I put down some newspapers, gave her a big bowl and a spoon and let her go. She'd use whatever she could find (coffee grounds, flour, water, peanut butter) and create a gooey mess. I watched to make sure she didn't waste anything I really cared about. Now, my youngest does it too. She called her latest creation "Rhino Snot," which is featured in the photo.

Boredom Buster Bio:      Pat Zietlow Miller has two daughters who started out making concoctions but now also make food that's actually edible.


Thank you, Pat Zietlow Miller, for this great idea!

3 comments:

  1. Wonder if she'll share her recipe for "Rhino Snot." Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids both loved to do this, too! They called them "potions," I called them wonderful, creative science experiments (and cheap entertainment)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, "potions." My kids loved making those too, Laurie. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete